There is one event planned in June 2009:
- 30 June Living Lab trials by ULANC
The public launch of the SwarmPlugin has been postponed till November. The planning for this is at the bottom
of this page, the top describes the stuff we need to do for the ULANC trial.
A small 10 person trial running in July 2009. See WP8 Planning under the NextSharePC heading for the details. Apparently ULANC formulated some requirements on the NextSharePC_M18 page ('AC from WP8' heading).
- POSTPONED: Rename BackgroundProcess? (Diego)
- Arno, 2009-06-22: Managed to hide the Block/Unblock dialog by auto-firewall registration, so user doesn't see anymore.
- trial pages asks for Install Y/N twice, and doesn't automagically start playing the video.
- Add in statistics gathering disclaimer.
- Deliver to ULANC.
All content and logging is supposed to be done by ULANC.
- DONE: determine whether fat .cab or lean .cab + installer is better (slim is better)
- DONE: generate new classid ("1800B8AF-4E33-43C0-AFC7-894433C13538")
'OUTDATED, see wiki:M23Trial': Public Launch (Nov 2009)
I assume it is a launch of the SwarmPlugin via trial.p2p-next.org with some video-on-demand content for watching.
See Johan's filled in trial template
Probably will be hosted by ULANC LL
- trial.p2p-next.org = pygmee: Website + binaries
- barbara: seed + tracker
- kayapo: log
- asmat: seed (to be installed)
- superpeer3@VU: off-site seed
- jip@VU: off-site log
- peer2peer.colo.mediadesign.nl: still available?
- ss3: could be used
- ss1+ss2: dead
- Diego says that the porting of the plugin for Ubuntu/Firefox requires 1 month and Mac/Safari 2 months
- Diego says currently Plugin2BG communication is Win32 dependent.
- Setup seed software
- Get content from BBC? and transcode to right format
- Boudewijn planning stress test of ULANC logging service with Njaal